heavy_sw_ep1_front.jpg
FanMix May 11, 2015 5450
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I've been longing to see the Heavy Star Wars edits for a long time, and I was happy to get almost all of them a few days ago (Still gotta wait for Episode IX, though)! I wasn't sure which one to watch first, so I decided to start with Episode I for chronological reasons. This being my first excursion, I am happy to say that this edit rocks!

Beyond the much shorter and sweeter (or heavier) 77-minute running time, I'm not sure if there's much to say. It's Episode I in the style of the 1981 cult film, Heavy Metal! You know if you're going to love this one or not. Ever wanted to watch the podrace, but with Deep Purple's "Highway Star" playing in the background? If your answer is yes, then there's nothing more to say. Have fun and enjoy!

I love Heavy Metal, and I loved this edit! If this doesn't sound like your kind of thing, look elsewhere. There are plenty of other Star Wars edits in the galaxy. However, it was most definitely my thing, and I'm excited to watch seven more of these (eight when Episode IX is made)! Rock on!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments