8.8 9 10
FanFix August 21, 2012 3367
(Updated: September 07, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

joebshmoe feb 13 2009

ok… i’m gonna say something crazy here… the ending where he lives? ridiculous. i didn’t like this at all. it didn’t actually *feel* like 6 months later and i think something would need to be inserted here to give the idea of a lapse of time.

also… i just can’t live without the airport shootout. i think that is pretty essential.

back to the review: fantastic. i really enjoyed the removal of the family and drama. i don’t think the intensity suffers much (if at all) of this element being removed but only a viewer without that knowledge could really chime in here. as usual with HUGE edits (what? like a whole hour? 30%? of the movie?) there can be some disastrous plot holes and odd pacing, but this edit suffers none of those elements.

i enjoyed this fanedit and think it is a great example of “different but not better”. heat is, of course, a great movie and this edit while showing a COMPLETELY different movie (ACTION!) doesn’t actually make it better, just fantastically different.

and, although i didn’t care for the alternate ending, the ability to choose either version from the menu via branching is a great touch! this is one of those few moments where (for me) presentation impacts my rating. 4/5 -> 5/5

technical quality 5/5
fanediting 5/5
original 4.5/5
fanedit 4.5/5

5/5
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments