9.7 25 10
(Updated: December 30, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Previously the only Indy 4 edit I watched was a rather radical edit called Riddles of the Lost Gods which I very much enjoyed even with some minor changes I would have made to the opening...but much like that edit, this edit also proves that Indy 4 has a great film hiding behind all of the silliness and trimming the fat really shows it. In the case of this edit: Its a far more traditional Indy movie than the RotLG edit, and that's also a good thing. I watched the 3rd revision (I believe) of this edit and aside from a couple of artistic choices that I debated with the editor about (lol, I still believe in no nuke dang it), its almost flawless. I think if a V4 gets put out for this, it will (nuke included) be probably the most perfect cut you're going to see of this film.
Some of the choices made put a real burden on the editor, but it still worked out really well. Its different than RotLG and cuts things and keeps things that the RotLG kept/cut, but the main thing here is BALANCE between the silly and the serious and honestly both cuts proved that the theatrical cut just had way too many indulgences, and cutting a handful of the most egregious ones out makes immediately for a better film. So, keep the nuke cloud my friend, because everything else was so streamlined that it doesn't matter if its there or not.
Bottom line: Excellent cut. You absolutely should watch this.

UPDATE: Changed my scores to 10's across the board now. Just watched the latest edit with a fix to a scene I recommended and this thing is flawless now (well, if you can forgive the nuke that is, lol - its fine.).

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Blu-Ray
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments