9.7 25 10
(Updated: December 26, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I've always had a love hate relationship with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It has lots of great moments but suffers from tonal issues. Indiana Jones has always featured fun and even over the top action adventure, but with the Crystal Skull, Indiana Jones ventures into moments that are just outright silly, even for the Temple of Doom.

First off, watching this edit made the film more tonally consistent throughout, making it feel more inline with the original trilogy. I'm also happy to say the most "cringe" parts have been removed and what's left is a story that moves at a quicker pace and is more enjoyable from start to finish.

This edit is very well done and I honestly had a hard time remembering where some of the most "cringe" moments were. This film really does feature some excellent action that is so well choreographed. Even when things have been removed, such as the monkeys, the action sequences never lose their continuity and what's left is exhilarating Indy action.

Overall this is a fantastic edit and will definitely be my preferred way to watch going forward. Yes, this edit even makes you consider the possibility of repeat viewing. Well done!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply December 22, 2022

Try sound track nr 3. It has the original Hound Dog as an opener! If your version doesnt include the soundtrack let me know, because I have a link for you with a version that does! So happy you enjoyed the movie. Thanks for you lovely words.

Z
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments