9.7 25 10
(Updated: December 21, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The theatrical version of Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull is and always will be a bad movie with poor plot structure and campy and/or bad acting. It's a bad sequel to an awesome trilogy and many believe it should never have been made because it tarnishes the series. When it came out in 2008, I thought Lucas and Spielberg completely lost their minds. It was atrocious and easily the worst movie they ever made. This fan edit, however, changed my mind and it'll change yours too.

In short, it's fantastic!!!

There have been many attempts at trying to polish this turd and present it as something digestible but no one has come as close to making this movie as palatable as DonkeyKonga's fan edit has accomplished. This fan editor used their magic touch to finesse and extract the best parts of this movie and restructured it so that it is not only entertaining but enjoyable to a great degree.

Tweaking the beginning nuclear bomb sequence doesn't save the opening but it's far better than any other fan editor's out there. Removing bad sequences such as the quicksand scene, the monkees scene, the escape scene, and the vine scene elevate this fan edit far above other fan edits out there of this movie.

Now just removing bad scenes can't save a bad movie. Fortunately DonkeyKonga went the extra mile by restructuring the plot by making vital changes such as removing the horrible plot line of making Indiana Mutt's dad and tweaking as many scenes as possible to streamline the story making it as smooth as silk for this reviewer.

In closing, I can't recommend this fan edit highly enough! It's a completely different film from the one you've always hated in the theater so please give this fan edit a go. It'll change your mind and make you a believer in this Indiana Jones adventure.

DonkeyKonga.... Well done!!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply December 22, 2022

Thanks so much! Reading this makes it totally worth the countless of hours watching that annoying original film trying to make this edit work. Glad to hear the nuke wasnt so distracting anymore.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments