Review Detail

9.7 25 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I really should have rewatched the original cut of this first, because I just watched the edit thinking "I thought I hated this movie? This is really pretty good. Maye I just haven't gotten to the parts I hate yet." But then they never really came, happily. Your opening song is perfect, even though I am a huge Elvis fan, your more rockabilly song established the same time period and is a cooler song. The biggest edit I actually noticed was an edit I imagined making last time I saw the uncut movie--no utterly pointless escape attempt, no quicksand scene or snake vine and of course, Indy no longer has an idiot son named Mutt. Excellent choices! The movie moves along at a great pace, it never drags and I never stop caring until the very end when it finally becomes clear at the end "The skull goes to a crystal body that is still alive and there's 12 others and they are aliens and they are going to fly away... " and there is just no edit that stays within the source material that can fix that. But you fixed everything else! I agree with you that it is almost as good as Temple of Doom now--it is only the lifeboat jump from the airplane and the mineshaft rollercoaster ride that puts Temple of Doom ahead for just being fun. But you really have taken this one right up there, much MUCH closer to the original 3!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply December 08, 2022

Lets not forget the screaming woman in Temple of Doom, too.

Yeah the ending is what it is. But at least I didn't how the aliens actually resurrecting lol. I tried to imply that they take her body over as she becomes part of the new hyve mind. Hence they can now fly away with their newly acquired body.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments