harry_potter_front.jpg
FanFix November 25, 2014 14629
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First of all: Andreas, you definitely know how to use the tools. Especially the audio editing is so flawless, great work. In the point of video editing I noticed some hard cuts and surprisingly some blockiness in dark areas, although it's in HD, but this is just minor nagging.

Now my very subjective opinion: Your edit is more away from the book by JK Rowling than the original movie. This is ok, but for me it makes it even harder to watch, because I've read the first book just after it came out, long before there was any discussion about making a film out of it. And by the first watch of the movie it was too short for me, because it left so much. (That's the point of making a film from a book, you have to leave things out.) Despite of this I was blown away by the film. And it was a film I could watch with my 8yr old children, because it's charming, we see nice and beautiful magic, underscored by its color palette - some might call that cheesy :-). For me the whole series of books ranges from Harry's first contact with magic, which gives him hope for a bright future as a wizard, to the last chapter, where everything seems to be dark and hopeless. So does the series of the original movies. If this range goes from, e.g. 1 to 7 your edit narrows this range from 3 to 7.

"HP and the sorcerer's stone: revisited" is not a children's movie.

If your intention was to make a version that matches the tone of the later movies, you definitely came up to the scratch.

I recommend this edit for everyone, who didn't like being the original a children's movie.
And for everyone else to have a different look at the story.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments