harry_potter_front.jpg
FanFix November 25, 2014 14645
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I got a copy of this a while back but with college work etc. have only just had a chance to sit down and check it out properly.

This is a marvellous edit. The first two films in the Harry Potter series are easily the worst of the lot. Andreas stated somewhere that his influence for this edit was the Prisoner of Azkaban (my personal favourite of the films) and it really shows. The atmosphere is so much darker but in a way that makes sense. The opening scene alone is worth getting your hands on this edit for!

Video and audio editing is sublime, very few cuts if any were ever noticeable and the added score from later films really helps to create a sense of 'musical continuity'.

More than anything though it was the little edits things that really improved the experience for me. Little added sound fx such as an apparition noise when Hagrid randomly disappears in the train station?! Awesome! And so many other small changes/additions that make the narrative of the film much easier to digest.

I can't recommend this enough for anyone who found the first film a bit of a slog and I myself can't wait to see what Andreas does with Chamber of Secrets!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments