9.2 2 10
(Updated: March 02, 2019)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I don’t have as much to say about this edit compared to the other ones, mostly because this being the shortest movie, there wasn’t anything major cut. It was mostly short moments that were excised, and most of it works quite well. There were only two edits that were noticeable. The first one was cutting out Tonks making the funny faces at dinner because the transition felt pretty abrupt. The only other jarring edit was the addition of the deleted scene of Crabbe and Goyle harassing another student in the snow. The transition with the music was really pretty poor as the music noticeably cuts in and out at the begging and end of the scene. I think it would have been better to leave that one out. The edit suffers much less from the same problem the other edits had of adding music to scenes where there were originally none to add more suspense. There were fewer moments of this and when it was done at least the music was softer and more in the background. I must say that I loved your use of Lockheart's theme from Chamber in Umbridge’s scenes. I think I may actually prefer it to her theme from the actual movie. Overall I liked the edit, and while it’s not quite as good as your edit for Goblet it is better than the first two edits for Philosopher’s and Chamber.

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments