Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Pure-Blood Edition
- Cut Death Eater attacking London ( moved to another part )
- Scene with Snape, Bellatrix and Draco’s mother now after opening
- Harry at train station after Snape scene, waiter girl flirting now cut, added original Hedwig’s theme by John Williams
- Cut Harry landing in water at burrow, Thanks to the suggestion by nightstalkerpoet
- Fred & George’s Shop now after Burrow scene, Cut instant darkness powder and dragon roasting nuts
- Instant Darkness Powder cut from train scene
- Cut Hermione hitting Ron with book
- Moved Draco’s find of the Vanishing Cabinet after Dumbledore’s speech
- Cut Dumbledore suggesting Harry and Hermione liking each other
- Cut Shots of Hermione and Cormac looking at each other at Quidditch Tryouts
- Cut Lavender Brown Looking at Ron in Common Room
- Cut Ginny and Dean and Hermione’s talk about Ron and her snogging
- Cut Ron talking to Harry Bout Ginny and Hermione’s nice skin, New scene made out of this Harry watches Draco on map intercut with Draco testing cabinet
- added deleted scene Harry talks to Hermione about Draco might be leaving the castle
- Cut Harry and Hermione talking about how he likes Ginny and how it feels to see someone you like with someone else, trimmed Lavender, Hermione attacks Ron with birds, doesn’t fall into Harry’s lap and cry. I had to read the book again
- Cut repeated shot of Draco and the cabinet
- Trimmed timing of Cormac vomiting on Snape
- Trimmed Lavender writing on the window on the Hogwarts Express
- Cut Ginny feeding Harry pie and tying his shoe
- Cut Slughorn telling a student to get their rats tail
- Cut Harry knocking on Slughorn’s door
- Trimmed Ron under love potion
- Cut Ron’s line after Harry saves him
- Trimmed Lavender and Hermione in Hospital
- Added blood effect when Draco is struck by the Half-Blood Princes spell
- Added Deleted Scene of Dumbledore telling Harry why the Cave is a part of Riddle’s past
- Fade to black after Dumbledore’s ”funeral”
- Added deleted scene of Harry and Ginny in common room for ending
- Added new music to credits, edited by me and Pure-Blood Edition titles added
neglify aug 7 2012
(I watched and rated this in Jan 2012 but never left a review. I no longer have this edit and it’s offline. I don’t remember everything 100% so forgive me.)
This was quite entertaining but the video looked very squashed. I’ve always had a sore spot for HP6 the movie and this edit made it better, but it’s still a movie I wouldn’t revisit unless I was doing an HP marathon.
FANEDIT RATING – 7.5 (rounded up to 8)
Audio/Video Quality – 5
Visual Editing – 9
Audio Editing – 9
Degree of Editing – 7
(NOTE: “Degree of Editing” is a 100% arbitrary rating that I keep in mind when reviewing edits. This is not meant to insinuate that a faneditor is lazy or not. Some fanedits require a lot more work than others and I take this into account.)
MOVIE RATING – 8
Narrative – 8
Enjoyment – 7
OVERALL RATING – 8
spelledaren dec 8 2011
There was a lot to like about this. I too thought that this was the worst of the series, and was very happy to find a well rated edit of it here.
This edit is more focused on the plot that matters, something that got lost somehow. It’s Draco and the half-blood Prince. Sadly, there isn’t enough about the half-blood Prince, and I assume that no deleted scenes could help with this. Snape’s revelation at the end is still horribly off and weird as the movie hasn’t properly built up to it. I was severly dismayed by this lost opportunity in the theatre, and I still think it misses out. But that’s a fault of the movie – not the editing.
I liked nearly every change.
Something I did not like was video quality. There wasn’t a DVD avilable, will there be at some point? To make things even worse I watched Northwest Passage right after this, and it has amazing video.
All in all I recommend this, it is better than the version shown in theatres, but could use some extra finishing. With focus on the editing and editing ideas I rate this 8/10.
Update sep 7 2012
Added ratings for the categories.