Review Detail

8.7 9 10
(Updated: September 07, 2012)
Enjoyment

emphatic jul 21 2011

So, I watched this today (AVCHD, stripped down to just the movie file to watch in my HTPC, so sadly I’ve missed out on all the cool extras).

Video is crisp and good, but some compression artifacts are present on dark areas, but doesn’t bother me much, however, the scene in the Malfoy’s basement felt a bit too bright and sunny considering the situation.

Audio is magnificent.

The edit worked very well for me all in all, but there were some stuff, good and IMHO less good that should be mentioned:

* The Harry Potter title appeared twice (just before Snape enters the story and after Nagini has a snack). The second one felt redundant.

* I loved how a bitter Ron turns of the light in the tent, cutting short Harry and Hermiones discussion about the sword of Godric Gryffindor and his line afterwards then a swift cut.

* When Harry is pulled out of the icy water by Ron, the conversation kinda reveals that Ron has been gone, why else would Harry be so surprised? Perhaps adding an “always the tone of surprise” could fix it? :D

As a fan of the book, I prefer the theatrical version, but for a quick fix or paired with a shorter part 2 this edit is excellent. I give this a 9.5/10.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments