Review Detail

9.2 5 10
Extended Edition June 27, 2012 4080
(Updated: September 07, 2012)
Enjoyment

detours may 8 2012

When I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I in the theater, I liked everything but the long, dead spot in the middle. The camping scenes dragged interminably, and I couldn’t wait for the film to pick up the pace.

But what seemed to me like a waste of film became an opportunity to NightStalkerPoet. Adding the horcrux discussion gave the camping scenes purpose, allowing time for plot and character development that the theatrical version wasted. The subtitled months served a similar purpose, breaking up the monotony just enough to move the plot along, without rushing it.

I viewed the blu-ray version with 2.1 sound. The audio and video quality was excellent, with transitions so smooth, it was hard to tell which scenes were added.

All told, this edit is wonderful. It was like a good soundtrack … creating just enough impact to improve the story, without intruding on the viewing experience. I wouldn’t have thought such small changes would make such a big difference, but they did. Excellent job!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments