FanFix September 10, 2022 2650
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Wow.

This is my first review of a fanedit, and one of the first fanedits I've seen. I can't forget how disappointed I was watching Halloween Kills in theaters. I also wasn't blown away by Halloween 2018, but I certainly appreciated the nods to the original and overall I found it to be a serviceable addition to the franchise. But Ryantology really picked some great highlights of both films to make for a leaner and ultimately more engaging slasher.

The editing is very clean, I love that it begins with the Kills flashback intro and I think cutting fluff like all of the "Evil Dies Tonight" chanting and some of the lackluster humor made beats really more impactful. Also having the researchers digging up Michael's past in the first half made Karen's calling out Michael at the end more impactful as well. I really like the addition of some classic Carpenter Fog music as well, it really plays better than his newer Halloween score. Very much recommend, and I'm curious to see if Ryantology can salvage Halloween Ends

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
A
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments