Halloween II: The Likable Characters CutFeatured
2) Converted Halloween 07 footage to 16:9.
3) Cut opening flashback of Michael as a child at Smith's Grove.
4) Cut Laurie walking down the empty street.
5) Cut Laurie screaming on the stretcher.
6) Cut doctor's scrubbing up to do surgery.
7) Trimmed paramedics speaking to Brackett.
8) Cut paramedics talking about necrophilia.
9) Cut number of times paramedic yells "fuck" after car accident.
10) Paramedic's death happens off screen.
11) Cut Michael walking towards the white horse.
12) Rescored Michael chasing Laurie through the hospital with Halloween 2007 by Tyler Bates.
13) Cut down the number of times Michael stabs the nurse to four.
14) Cut grunting sound Michael makes while stabbing the nurse.
15) Cut Laurie seeing dead body in the stairwell.
16) Cut Laurie having to crawl over dead bodies in the dumpster.
17) Cut out the security guard that Laurie runs into.
18) Shortened Michael breaking through the security station.
19) Rescored Laurie waking up from nightmare with Laurie's Theme from Halloween (78).
20) Cut Laurie yelling at Annie during breakfast.
21) Shortened Laurie's counseling session.
22) Cut Loomis and his assistant walking through hotel lobby.
23) Trimmed Laurie talking to her friends at the record store.
24) Trimmed Loomis speaking to audience about his book.
25) Cut scene with adult Michael meeting with child Michael and his mother in a barn.
26) Trimmed rednecks attacking Michael in the field.
27) Rescored Michael attacking the rednecks with Chase Laurie from Halloween: Resurrection.
28) Michael doesn't impale the first redneck.
29) Michael stabs second redneck only once.
30) Cut Michael dragging woman from truck and repeatedly stabbing her.
31) Cut Michael speaking to his mother in Laurie's dream.
32) Rescored Laurie's dream with The Ceremony from Halloween: Resurrection.
33) Cut any instances of young Michael speaking.
34) Cut Laurie dreaming about killing Annie.
35) Trimmed Laurie's second counseling appointment.
36) Cut parts of Loomis talking to the reporter.
37) Cut entire Rabbit in Red lounge scene.
38) Cut Michael's mother talking to him about Loomis next to a billboard.
39) Trimmed Loomis's book signing.
40) Trimmed Loomis talking to his assistant in the limo.
41) Cut Laurie screaming at another car while driving.
42) Cut Weird Al segment.
43) Trimmed parts of the girls at the Halloween festival.
44) Trimmed Annie berating the deputy at her house.
45) Trimmed Harley walking with the Wolfman to his van.
46) Cut Laurie having a vision of her mother standing next to child Michael.
47) Cut Michael's mother telling Michael to "go have some fun" while attacking Annie.
48) Trimmed Mya's death. Michael only stabs her once.
49) Recut/Rescored Brackett finding Annie's body with Dumbledore's Farewell from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
50) Cut VHS footage of Danielle Harris as a child.
51) Rescored Michael throwing man through the windshield with the Shape Stalks Laurie by Tyler Bates.
52) Ending from Theatrical cut used.
53) Trimmed Michael killing Loomis. Scene now scored with Halloween 2007 by Tyler Bates.
54) Rescored Laurie in insane asylum with Halloween 1963 from John Carpenter's Halloween.
55) Removed still images from murders from the credits.
56) Rescored credits with Main Titles from Halloween: Resurrection
Talk about a far-superior update on the worst installment in the Halloween series. Much of the stuff I loathed about this trainwreck of a horror film is chucked right out the window, resulting in a much more enjoyable and better-paced, and certainly less vile and ugly, experience. A rock-solid effort.
i never cared much about the Halloween remakes but this one i really liked, you made the movie so much better and i really had a good time with it :)
Pretty good edit that cuts back on some of the wilder moments of RZ's HII. I'll be the first to say that the premise was great. Not many horror sequels deal with the aftermath of the slasher spree, but seeing Laurie (and co) trying to work past her trauma, Loomis showing his true colors of being a greedy, pompous ass, and the rest of the town trying to ignore the bloodshed, SHOULD have been good. Unfortunately, Loomis is made too far into the money-grabbing sleezball that his heel-face turn later in the film seems almost contradictory. Laurie is just such a displeasure to watch, and while I understand it's totally natural for a young kid to be this traumatized, it doesn't make it any better to watch. It's still handled poorly.
But this edit does a great job of, like I said, cutting back on the more far-out things in the movie. A lot of needless fat was trimmed, making the pacing a lot better. Audio/Video was good, A/V editing was also good. Nothing stood out to me.
Unfortunately, the narrative still isn't very good, and by the last 30 minutes feels like more a retread than Halloween 4 was to the original Halloween. But none of that is the editor's fault.
My enjoyment might look low at a 7, but it is double what it was before. Theatrically, HII would get a 3-3.5 out of me for gore and good acting.