FanFix April 09, 2023 1220
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I thought the audio editing was spot on. The recolouring passed me by, so the editor must have done a great job at fitting it well into those scenes. There was one noticeable bit regarding visual cuts that I'll come onto, but on the whole it seemed to flow and not cause any attention.

Regarding the slight plot changes, I think the editor is correct that by removing the Jeremy Allen death scene it then does leave much more of a mystery on Corey as the viewer is left more in the dark without a backstory and the audience are left to wonder what exactly happened during that evening. I think having less "team up" Michael and Corey was for the best, at least to me personally since I don't believe Michael would have alliances with anyone anyway if you've watched a single Halloween film. That was my personal trouble with original film overall, but there's nothing you can do about it since Corey is the main character. You wouldn't have much of a film left.

Honestly, do I think Corey's death was open ended? Probably not. It just seems like a suicide by an already dying crazed loon since most people don't survive a knife through the neck, but I think that ending is fine. The jump/cut from there is a bit noticeable regarding Laurie walking and Michael being around. You are scratching your head somewhat, but I went along with it. Probably no additional footage to play with, so I assume the editor did the best with what they had left.

Overall I think the pacing is better. The characters are a bit more fleshed out and believable. And audio editing is great. If I were to ever watch Halloween Ends again then I would pick up this edit. Good job.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply May 07, 2023

Thank you for such an honest review! I’m grateful to know that someone enjoys my work. A lot of these edits I do for myself, but I also keep potential viewers in mind while working, and it’s awesome to know that people can get just as much enjoyment out of my edits as I do.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments