9.5 4 10
FanFix October 28, 2018 7225
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Full disclosure - I find Halloween 5 to be so bland that I have never been able to enjoy it. I don’t even particularly enjoy Loomis even though he is legitimately one of my favorite movie characters ever. LastSurvivor hasn’t made a movie that I enjoy but he’s certainly made one that I can tolerate. Believe me, that’s an accomplishment.

I did ding the edit a point on video editing and I’ll explain why. It’s not so much that there’s a jarring edit or anything like that. LastSurvivor is an incredibly talented editor. My issue stems from a costume change for a character with no explanation. The character of Spitz is dressed as a farmer in one scene but immediately dressed in a mechanics suit in the next. Those who have seen the movie know that this is because he played a prank where he was dressed as Michael Myers in between those two scenes. Cutting that scene out though leaves the viewer wondering why the change happened. It’s a rock and a hard place sometimes because do you leave a subpar scene in for continuity or cut it? I lean toward leave it but I understand the choices that were made.

The highest compliment I could give this edit is that it would be added to my October rotation of Halloween movies when I typically skip Halloween 5 altogether. Do I love it? No. Is it the best possible version of this movie? I genuinely think so. If you’re someone who has moderately enjoyed Halloween 5, you’ll love this. If you’re like me and you’ve hated it, you find this a welcome way to revisit it… at least in October. Fantastic job in putting together the best version of this movie possible. Not all heroes wear capes.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments