9.9 17 10
Shorts July 26, 2020 5726
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Groucho Marxist gets straight to the point of Joker and is arguably a more impactful film in the end. The inclusion of The Firing Line interview at the beginning of the film and the stripped down narrative, with a very fitting quote to end the film, Groucho Marxist elevates Joker from a great film, to a profound a one. Nothing feels missed, there's no weird and jarring cuts, if anything it feels like a professional edit.

What I loved most about this edit is the fact that the story has a much clearer message in the end that I think fits very well within the framework of this particular Joker story.

I honestly don't know if I'll ever watch the theatrical release again after having watched Doggo Moon's edit... It's just so much more enjoyable... And that's not to say the original release isn't fantastic or anything, but this just gets to the point. It cuts out the neighbours subplot, the psych ward aspects are gone, Arthur killing his coworkers has been omitted and yet none of those things are particularly missed. There's some more subtle edits and changes here and there but those are the major changes.

This review gets what it f***ing deserves! A 10/10

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Top 500 Reviewer 9 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments