FanMix September 08, 2020 6215
(Updated: November 18, 2020)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

An outstanding edit and a great improvement on the originals. I thought the film(s) looked and sounded as good as they ever have and all of the editing work went by without notice. Much of the family drama padding has been removed, which gives it better pacing and none of the human drama is actually lessened or made less intelligible as a result of it.

It starts with a strong melding of the two films, and where it begins from 2014 is an excellent choice, and transitioning to KOTM is smooth and seamless, as are all of the edits. I found myself wondering where exactly little bits I recalled had been. I've seen the originals numerous times and I was mostly having to strain to recall what even had been removed, which seems a great sign of editorial discretion and the fact that the originals have an unfortunate amount of table dressing.

There are still a few weak moments remaining from the originals that continue to take me out of the moment, but that is certainly no fault of the editor, who made the most of how the original filmmakers had constructed the films. Those few nagging bits (and I mean few, like 2-3 couple second exchanges) were the only real detractions for me, keeping me from giving it a 10 in narrative and enjoyment.

Overall, very well done and I'm pleased to have been able to give it a screening!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
G
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments