9.8 4 10
FanMix September 06, 2019 4135
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Thoroughly enjoyable. The sub-plots from 'Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla' are not missed and leave no holes whatsoever without them. I was expecting a sort of 'Greatest Hits' from both films welded together, but this edit is better than that. Parts of 'Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.' are skillfully woven into 'GAM', creating a logical chronology. I'd say the crossover from one lead to another works better than in the original film - another pleasant surprise as I was expecting that to be jarring. Not a bit of it. The end battle with Mecha G from 'GAM' - now roughly halfway into this edit - does feel more like the climax that it actually is, but it still works - many Godzilla films are equally inconsistent when it comes to major battles. I noticed a couple of good doses of Toho cheesiness that have gone (catching the fly, Mecha G's "goodbye", possibly others I wasn't quick enough to spot), which I missed, but it's not enough to ruin your viewing. No one except Godzilla aficionados would probably even guess that this was an edit. Excellent job

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
AVCHD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments