Review Detail

9.4 21 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

INIGHTMARES has done a good job of streamlining "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" and removing unnecessary humor and exposition. This edit is a faster-paced, more streamlined version of the story. In most respects, it is an improvement over the original, with a superior tone.

As for cons, I did find myself missing a few bits from the original movie that were cut (like the part where one character asks if they will "Let them fight" before Mark replies that this time they will join the fight). Also, while there were arguably problems with the scene of Emma explaining her motives in the original movie, I felt that the amount that INIGHTMARES removed from it made what she was trying to achieve a little too confusing, as she doesn't give any meaningful explanation of her plan in the edited version.

The video quality is mostly excellent, save for a little banding here and there in a few scenes.

The audio quality is also mostly excellent, except for a part in which the audio volume drops for a few seconds starting around 51:14, and a noticeable audio cut when transitioning from one scene to another at around 1:26:20.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments