godfatheropus_vito_front
FanMix March 27, 2021 10518
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

My reviews of the Opus 1 and 2 will be posted in both IFDB pages.

I loved both Godfather 1 and 2 (and even Godfather 3) a lot more in these edits compared to other versions of the movies. I was wrapped up in the world of the Corleone family once again and it was a sight to behold. I have never seen a chronological edit before and many may still prefer the nonchronological structure of the original versions (or the separate movies GF1 - GF2) but I loved the chronological structure more. By concentrating first on the ascendance of Vito Corleone and his inevitable end without being pulled into it all of a sudden from Michael's story in part 2, it made the story flow (at least for me) better and it felt more engaging as a result of that. Godfather 3 was more enjoyable thanks to the restoration efforts of Wraith and it felt more of an expansion of Godfather 2 while at the same time feeling like a unique story all of its own.

Thank you so much Wraith for making this version of the Godfather movies. In my opinion you have made Coppola proud and enhanced his and Puzo's creation!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
A
Top 500 Reviewer 14 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments