9.6 38 10
FanFix February 10, 2019 10487
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

GitS is one of my most enjoyed franchises since I first saw the original film sometime in 1996 - I have read and watched all the different series/manga/films several times over the years. When I walked out of the cinema after the first showing of the live-action film I was gutted. Why had the film makers decided to bolt on a Robocop lost-memory plot? Why the need for an almost comically bad moustache-twirling style villain? Why was everyone referring to the Major as “Major” like it was her first name? :) (…and “I am Major” at the end, lol wot?)

After several years I was doing very well in forgetting the film apart from a few visuals, and then I found out about this fan edit - and I’m super happy I did. This edit is superb - much closer to the source material and, I’m happy saying, worthy of the name Ghost in the Shell.

This fan edit has literally saved the film for me - I’ve now added the disk to my shelf with the other GitS collections, but it will stay there and I’ll only ever watch this version of the live-action film in the future.

If there was one thing I could find fault in: there’ll never be a 3D version :)

I watched the fanedit in my Quest 2 VR headset via the Skybox app which enables a (virtual) full-sized cinema, and the film looked fantastic.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments