gotredeemed_front
FanFix December 08, 2021 9212
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I hadn't planned on watching the entirety of this in one sitting, but an unexpected day off coupled with the quality of this fanedit led to a full day well spent rediscovering what I once liked about GAME OF THRONES.

Tyrion's intelligence.
Dany's sanity.
Sersei's agency.
Jaime's character arc.
Littlefinger's cleverness.
Westeros' size.
The Night King's threat.

All this (and more) have been restored in this reconstructed finale. I can only imagine how much of an undertaking this was, but the work is much appreciated.

If I were to offer any suggestions/constructive criticism, it would be:

-Pump up the volume of Bran's new lines (though admitted my hearing is getting worse with age, so this might not be as problematic for others as it was for me). I had particular difficulty parsing his "I've led you into a trap" lines to Jon beyond the Wall.

-If it exists, and it doesn't slow down the pace of the final episodes too much, add or restore some small bit of Jon + the Dragon between him petting the dragon at DragonStone to becoming a full-on dragon rider in the final battle to bridge this hug transition. Maybe even a line repurposed from elsewhere to acknowledge it? Admittedly, this may be impossible with the materials onhand, but it was one of the few times I felt there was something missing.

-Add an establishing shot of King's Landing or some buffer footage of some sort before Jon comes to melt the Iron Throne. The jump from Winterfell to King's Landing felt a little too abrupt.

And lastly, and this is more "wouldn't it be cool, but holy crap it would probably take forever" suggestion

-Adjust the opening credits of each episode to reflect the characters and locales featured in your new arrangement.

Thanks so much for sharing your work and effort with the community; marvelous job!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments