fromrussiaexcised_front
FanFix March 06, 2022 2529
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

For me, "From Russia With Love" is almost perfect and probably my favorite Bond film, since it's so close to the book and feels like a real cold-war espionage film instead of the flashy spy popcorn action films the series evolved to.
BUT, it had a somewhat embarrassing gypsy-fight scene (and day after) and a rather dull boat chase near the end, that was unneeded since a final confrontation was soon to occur anyway.
ParanoidAndroid does away with all that and also adds a really nice mislead in the beginning so that the audience isn't aware of all the plot from the start of the movie.... Which gave me an idea... what if Robert Shaw's character wasn't introduced from the start and his motives and loyalties weren't explained up until the final part? That would certainly be interesting!
But I digress, ParanoidAndroid's cuts seemed to me pretty seamless, the narrative works perfectly and the only thing I'd like to be improved is the file's bitrate. The version I watched had a somewhat low bitrate. Anyway, this fanedit is definitely recommended!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments