Friendly Neighborhood Spider-ManFeatured
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is mere 3 minutes shorter than the official cut, with a few trims here and there that improve an already great film. Rescoring, cutting, trimming and moving scenes and jokes all feature here to make the movie the best it can be.
This edit is intended to just fix up some of those mediocre jokes, minor technical details, continuity breaking lines, and replace some of the score to evoke greater a emotional response.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2017)
- Spider-Man: Original Motion Picture Score (2002)
- Spider-Man 2: Original Motion Picture Score (2004)
- Iron Man 3 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2013)
- Spider-Man: Civil War (based on Peter's introduction in Civil War)
- 2 Edited Spider-Man: Homecoming Commercial Tie-Ins
For the cutlist, I first looked through the Ideas thread to see what other issues people have had with the film and from that I made a small cutlist. After working on it a bit, I found some other things that I wanted to cut. DarthRush was working on a cutlist of his own that he kindly shared with me and I worked it into my own.
- Cutting straight to the Marvel logo after Toomes says "The world's changing, it's time we change too" to avoid the 8 years thing
- Cut both hot Aunt May jokes in the deli and resturant
- Cut Ned asks Peter a bunch of questions about being Spider-Man
- Replace “Oh Yeah” by Yello during Ferris Bueller gag with correct movie audio
- Cut Toomes saying “Does this work?” and "I thought this was the Anti-Gravity gun" after he kills Not Tom Hardy
- Cut Ned saying “That’s awesome” after Peter says he was almost vapourised
- Cut Toomes saying "8" from the "8 years and not a word from the feds..." line
- Cut instant kill gag during the ferry
- Cut Karen telling Peter where to web the ferry together and that he was 98% successful
- Rescored Tony saving the Ferry with the Iron Man 3 Theme
- Cut gum under bus seat joke during Shocker #2 fight after Homecoming
- Rescored rubble scene with some classic Elfman
- Move Toomes in prison to right after Liz says goodbye to Peter
- Cut close-up of Audi dashboard on the way to Avengers Facility
- Cut Tony/Pepper proposal scene
- Replace end credits song with The Ramones Spider-Man theme
- Added credits for Bobson Dugnutt
- Replaced title card during credits
- New mid-credits scene
This is a very minimal fanedit, but the edits made still manage to improve the film, thus resulting in a more satisfying experience. I already love the Spider-Man: Homecoming that we got, but I do appreciate what Bobson goes for here and he pulls it all off with flying colors. Really loved this edit.
When I first saw Spider-Man: Homecoming when it came out on DVD/Blu-ray, I really really liked the movie and it was easily the best Spider-man since Sam Raimi's Spider-man 2, which is my favorite Spider-man movie and still remains to be my favorite.
But that's not to say that this movie has some flaws, like Peter not having any spider-sense or him not really facing consequences for his actions aside from Vulture finding out his identity and stuff like that. That being said, I really enjoyed this fan-edit and the Rescore of the rubble scene brought a tear to my eye. Overall a really great and enjoyable movie and there was barely anything that I noticed that was cut due to me watching the movie only like twice before I saw this fan-edit so yeah!!! Good Job!!!
Having loved what Bobson did with Homecoming, I couldn't wait to see their take o Spider-Man 3. Long story short, it's pretty darn great. While listed as an extended cut, there is a rejiggering of the narrative after MJ breaks up with Peter that actually feels natural, building up Peter's dependency on the black suit moreso than the original. And cutting to the James Brown montage after Peter threw a bomb in Harry's face? Sam Raimi would be proud.
There are some things I feel would better improve the narrative though. You could cut the scene where Harry gets his memory back, imply that he was faking it the while time and waiting for the time to strike. I'd also cut Harry attacking MJ and let her break up with Peter on her own terms, give her some agency and real inner turmoil. Some scenes could also be grouped together to help the pacing, like the crane and Brock at the Bugle could be placed before seeing MJ on Broadway, establishing characters sooner rather than later.
But, this is an extension of the pre-existing movie. Aside from a few shots that looked like they were in SD, this is great. If you have a soft spot for Spider-Man 3, I highly recommend this take.
Very minimal but very good edit of Homecoming. It was already a great film, but Bobson Dugnutt's edits improve it. The rubble scene rescore is superb. My only complaints being the removal of a couple jokes I liked but that's extremely nit picky.
Bobson Dugnutt has done an amazing job with this project. This edit adds weight to the villainous elements which in turn raises the stakes overall. The audio changes are seamless and change the tone for the better. Concise and powerful editing choices. Very well done!