poster 2 PT2
FanFix January 24, 2022 1687
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

When I first watched Friday the 13th Part 2, I was mostly bored to be honest. But I knew that it was Ray's favorite, so I couldn't help but curious to check out this edit. I mean, I plan to watch all of these, but in particular I wanted to start with this one, to see a fan bring out the best in their favorite movie.
I gotta say, I found myself enjoying this edit far more than I enjoyed the original version, Ray has really redeemed it for me. I don't think that the original is bad, but it just didn't resonate with me in the same way as other entries did. This edit definitely helped with that though, it's undoubtedly the best way to watch the movie.
Other than the opening with the girl from the first movie, I wasn't able to remember anything that was missing, and the editing was so seamless that there was never an indicator of anything being cut. This thing felt professional all the way through, there's really nothing negative I could possibly think to say about this. I don't agree with any of the criticisms from other reviews, the expository opening text worked nicely and the character introductions didn't feel abrupt.
I can't think of anything else to say here, I'm just looking forward to catching up with the rest of the Friday the 13th [raymix] series!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments