Review Detail

7.0 2 10
Extended Edition June 25, 2012 2777
(Updated: September 06, 2012)
Enjoyment

L8wrtr aug 8 2011

Fight Club Pull No Punches presents a few brief/nice moments left on the cutting room floor. They do not in any way alter the tone, feeling, or meaning of the film. The fact that they change nothing does reinforce the fact that it was OK to cut them, but also, they are so brief that the amount of time saved seems trivial to me and I wish that they had left them in.

The edits themselves are seamlessly integrated from an editing standpoint and Nomarch has done what can be done to salvage the audio.

The deleted scenes themselves are very poor quality, this is of course not the editor’s fault, he has done the best he can with the material available, and as Extended Editions go, this is one of the factors that must be accepted now and again.

As Dwight pointed out however, the edit is very dark overall, even when compared to the original. The shadows are far heavier and there is a loss of detail/fidelity.

When you combine the darkness issue with the poor quality of the deleted scenes and then finally the fact that these scenes add little value to the story ultimately make this a 7/10 for me. It is a curious 1-time watch, but next time I get a hunkering for Fight Club, I’ll be watching the theatrical.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments