fallenhero_front.jpg
FanMix August 01, 2014 4303
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First of all, this is a huge accomplishment-- to meld two films so flawlessly to create a unique narrative detailing the decline and redemption of a damaged man, none other than Clint Eastwood, is definitely as hard as it looks. Wraith has continued in his tradition of brilliantly mashing up thematically connected films (much like his Matrix edit) to come up with a deeper and more insightful version of Gran Torino, if such a thing were possible.

Here we have the story of ageing Clint, living out his last days in suburbia while reflecting on his tough militaristic past (courtesy of Heartbreak Ridge), and how his spirit of encouraging and training potential marines is resurrected in his old age as he trains a young Hmong boy. How Wraith concocted this perfect brew is a testament to his skill, all I can say is, narrative-wise, this movie blew me away, and top marks for story/ enjoyment.

I gave 10s on A/V because I did not notice any problems at all. Everything flowed smoothly, with no rough cuts.

All in all, an edit I will definitely watch again, and is part of my collection.
A Must-Watch for any Clint fan!

Kudos Wraith. You did it man.
K

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply August 14, 2014

Thankyou for generous comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it and invested so much time.
W

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments