Review Detail

9.4 22 10
Enjoyment

First of all, I’d like to say that I completely adored your menace edit. I loved what you did with the pacing as well as the R2/3po problem and was hugely surprised to see the subtle ways you improved the characters. But I’ll elaborate on that in a review on the other picture, for now we’re talking clones.

You did your best with this one man, you really did. Yet again a few neat edits here and there have massively improved the pacing of the film, you cut all the shitty contrived dialogue(Accept of course for “as you can see my Jedi powers are far greater than yours so…back down). But in all honesty this film is beyond saving. That creepy/vommity look of early digital cinema is never going to leave this film. The lack of any real locations still makes the film feel claustrophobic and unreal. All criticisms of course directed at George, not you.

A few things I would say to you is that there must have been a way around the whole Jango thing, I can’t think how but there must be a way to change the dialogue so he just IS Boba Fett. Because…well…a plot where all the storm troopers turn out to be clones of Boba Fett’s dad is way too fan fiction. Even if someone was to view these films in order from phantom to jedi, they would be way confused as to why Boba wasn’t more uncomfortable around all the storm troopers in empire.

Also, you gave up on the cutting 3po and r2 thing I guess, because at one point they have a scene together where they talk to Annikan and stuff and it’s real dumb.

The ending of this film is non-salvageable. I never realised it would be this way but in cutting the yoda scene (which obviously had to go) the film has no climax, Dooku just maims our two main characters and leaves. For this to work the atmosphere surrounding this scene would need to be far darker. Or something…I dunno..as it stands this ending is way to abrupt. Also, Mace Windu is the stupidest fucking character ever. And that’s never gunna change.

Ps loved the way you got rid of all those goofy BSG style zooms in the battle scene.
S
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments