Review Detail

9.3 35 10
FanFix June 02, 2012 10578
Enjoyment

This has to be the best fanedit of SW Ep I I have ever seen. After seeing two wonderful edits by both Seciors and L8WRTR, I was a little unsure about seeing another one, but my hopes were kindled when I heard the focus of Q2′s “Fall of The Jedi” trilogy was continuity with the OT, the most important factor for me.

Now I could go on and on about great stuff cut or added in this added but much is similar to previous edits. What’s new here is the reducing of R2, C3PO, and yes, Anakin. The two bumbling droids have now been cut down to the point we can assume they are not important in “this” trilogy and, now Anakin is really no more than a minor character, he really only helps the plot move a little, especially (spoiler) given the fact he doesn’t even get involved in the final space battle sequence.

I have only one thing to complain of was the handling of Padme’s first encounter with Anakin. Where’s the romance, AKA love at first sight? I believe it needs to be there to at least add some believably to Ep II, since in what the first ten minutes, Anakin is already into Padme, who he apparently hasn’t seen in years.

Now for video and audio quality I’ll definitely give you a perfect score as every cut was seamless.

you have given new light to the first of the prequels, bravo to you, Q2!
Owner's reply June 24, 2012

I have to disagree with the love at first sight comment. First off, Anakin is 8 and Padme is… 14? (I don’t remember her exact age.) However, children, I don’t think, perceive a romantic love like adults do. They aren’t mature enough for it. Not only that, it’s a little creepy. However, had it been a believable love at first sight moment I suppose I could have suspended by disbelief, but because of how terribly it’s written it just doesn’t work at all for me.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments