FanFix June 04, 2023 1209
(Updated: November 26, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was a very well done, professional looking edit. The color in the opening party scene was pretty overbearing, but the rest of the film looked great. I appreciated and agreed with many of the cut scenes and shots. And I am SO glad Eyepainter cut the first shot of the mask next to Alice in the bed, it is mindblowing that the original editor placed it there.

My biggest problem was the cut Domino subplot. It is true the movie generally works without her. But near the end when Bill says "I'll tell you everything", that "everything" would be a lot more impactful if he told his wife that he went to a prostitute's apartment and almost slept with her. I also would have liked to see the return to the mansion, as I always thought it was creepy and foreboding.

Overall, this was very well done. There was one weird audio loss (in the orgy scene where the woman goes in to kiss Bill) but it didn't bother me one bit. Great job, Eyepainter! This was a great new way to watch one of my favorite films.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply March 10, 2024

I should note that the orgy scene is uncut and didn't contain any changes to the audio at all, so the audio loss you're referring to is in the official release as well.

Otherwise, thanks for the kind words, backfat. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments