(Updated: March 29, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Hated it.
The Faneditor took a great one-of-a-kind 'Hellraiser in space' and turned it into a stock-standard generic horror that ultimately cheapens the whole experience and makes no sense in the context of SCIENCE fiction.

The inclusion of extra visuals would've been fine if seasoned horror fans like myself didn't already recognise them. Overall I just found it jarring, and it took me out of the moment in every instance.
Also, trimming down the Weir's monologues and the Captain's backstory hurt this edit, along with other great sections of character dialogue that showed them as a close-knit team. What we have in their place are visions of the possessed Jennifer Carpenter from The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and in the final act even her voiceover "I am Lucifer, the devil in the flesh" which makes absolutely zero sense because it is the manifestation of a hellish and chaotic ALTERNATE DIMENSION the crew are experiencing, not any demon devil from a religious/supernatural hell.

I give credit for the hard work put in and the editing as it was mostly pretty well executed, even though I find it detrimental to the storytelling, but the video is very grainy which I'm not sure is a stylistic choice by the editor or indicative of the source they used but that's the I'm leaning as the audio seems to be inferior too, just less clean than it should be, but again that may be a choice, I just don't know.. but these things I just feel are sub-standard when compared to the original material which was of great quality, and there are also a few hard cuts that could've been smoother.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
No
Format Watched?
Digital
L
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 2

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
September 03, 2022
Please review the review guidelines. You have not given reason for scoring A/V quality, Audio editing, or visual Editing as low as you did. This violates our review guidelines. It's fine to hate an edit. That should be reflected in the enjoyment area. It's fine to hate the narrative. That should be represented in the narrative area. But if you hate an edit, it should not bias your scores for editing l, and narrative for that matter. This review as a result is invalid and is more a loud noise than actual helpful feedback.
D
digmodification
September 04, 2022
"nd the editing as it was mostly pretty well executed"

Mostly pretty well, so 4 and 5/10 for editing just to keep the overall score low?
Yeah, we know you hate it, but it seems like you also just don't want to be taken seriously doing something like that.
G
gieferg
March 25, 2024
Lol @ gieferg. It's impossible to give an overall score manually, it's an average sum comprised of the parts and I scored each part as it deserves in my opinion. A review is an opinion, and my opinion may differ from yours. Cope.
L
linotheundead
March 25, 2024
@ digmodification - I'm pretty sure I addressed those but ok, I have updated it as well as I can from memory as it's been over a year since I watched it. I still maintain my original scores were deserving (why should my opinion be falsified just to feed someone's ego?) so I'm just guessing at what you think is acceptable. Pretty weird guidelines, but participation awards for everyone!
L
linotheundead
4 results - showing 1 - 4