FanMix August 07, 2012 3773
(Updated: October 13, 2020)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Visual Editing

Audio Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I searched seven continents and as many seas for this edit. I saw it over ten years ago and had it and lost it. I felt that it was the definitive version of Event Horizon. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find this. The copy I finally got was definitely not as pristine as Nick had originally produced but it's integrity was still intact. I would do a cartwheel for a DVD or better copy.

This a prime example of what creative editing and vision can produce. It's a much better horrific experience watching this edit. I felt like I was watching someone's nightmare...in outer space. Even though I had seen it many years ago, I was still at the edge of my seat, even though the sound quality had diminished somewhat due to the quality of the edit, I jumped several times. There are several very disturbing cut scenes that were added purely for shock value. I was compelled to stop, rewind and watch again in slow motion. The imagery that he has created with these seamless insertions is very ambitious and effective. They messed with my head.

I have to say...a mediocre space thriller has been genuinely transformed into a very disturbing frightening horror movie that actually deserves the multiple parallelisms to Hellraiser. Very well done! Highly recommended, This edit is second to my anticipated reaction to Night of Samhain for scares this fright season.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account