eternalsapostasy_front
FanFix July 04, 2022 2628
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Having not seen the Theatrical Cut since its home release, The Eternals was a fine, mostly forgettable, movie. I saw promise in the movie and its premise but the pacing really threw me off. The Apostacy Edit makes this movie a leaner, meaner beast. The Very buried subtext of the movie becomes more textual, literally, with the chapter cards which makes the experience of watching these characters come to terms with their actions as missionaries or colonizers much more interesting and engaging. I'm not the brightest penny about symbolism and metaphors so when I can get a little bit of help in a classy and narrative enriching way, I'm more impressed.
The musical cues help lighten the tone for a movie that's more serious than the usual marvel fair. By serious, I mean the way the movie regularly makes reference to humanities violent urges. It even creates an interesting meta-juxtaposition with how we, the viewers, enjoy violence in the film.
This is a great edit for anyone that was lukewarm on the original and wants to give it a look with new eyes. The chronological order also makes it easier to follow and understand characters. A very strong recommendation!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
G
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments