FanFix July 04, 2022 2690
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This edit is wonderful.
Presenting the film in a chronological order works wonderfully, in my opinion, compared to the theatrical cut. It really helps us see the team's dynamic evolve through the years. Furthermore, the extended scenes help us care more about the characters - more than the TC for sure, but I think that even more than the Chronological Cut. This is a major plus for an ensemble film such as Eternals.
The new soundtrack was a hit-and-miss for me. I love each of the songs separately, but I'm not sure I understand why they were chosen for those scenes. Additionally, there were notable audio differences in some of the deleted scenes.
Basing the narrative on the principles of Apostasy through doubt and dissent worked very well, and focuses the plot around the characters' journey. However, I was not fond of the usage of title cards. The terminology felt too different from the script.
All in all, my criticism is fairly minor. This edit is highly recommended, as it transforms the mediocre theatrical cut into an enjoyable film.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments