eternalschrono_front
FanFix July 05, 2022 1867
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

While an interesting idea to approach the Eternals story in chronological order, I feel that unfortunately it doesn't work here. A number of things, from the first scene thrusting the audience right into the mission with Ajak, to the scenes cut or trimmed for time, leaves the introduction of these characters feeling very flat. What also greatly works against the film, in my opinion, is knowing early on that Icarus murdered Ajak. The lack of any reveals in this cut makes for an ultimately unsatisfying finale.

Where the original theatrical cut feels more artistic than most MCU affair, the trimmed runtime here makes the Chronological cut feel more like a traditional Marvel movie, which I guess is a good thing because I wouldn't want to see this go on much longer. The inclusion of a few key deleted scenes does help with character development, but the other changes leave me feeling about the same as I did when I saw the theatrical cut, which is that Eternals is a fairly forgettable movie with some great visuals.

Now, I hate to compare to another editor in my review, but since there was a Battle of the Eternals Edits, I will simply recommend checking out my review for WakeupKeo's The Apostasy Edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
No
Format Watched?
Digital
J
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments