Review Detail

8.7 13 10
Extended Edition June 25, 2012 4756
(Updated: August 31, 2012)
Enjoyment

jjrdias mar 4 2009

2.This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and one of John Carpenter’s cult classics, IMHO. The original movie is already a very good one, but ever since i first watched it i had the feeling something was “missing” in the beggining, there wasn’t a specific backstory to Snake Plissken, other than what Hawk informs us of, in one of the early exposition scenes. Despite the fact that the movie “woks” without the “new” sequence – the fast initial pacing is a plus -, Tranzor’s edit provides an important part of the back-story, especially when the middle of the movie comes, and Snake comes across Brain. Technically speaking, the new scene was very well fitted to the beggining of the movie, and this edit has now become the “definitive edition” of EFNY, as far as i’m concerned – if it had the director’s commentary, it’d be perfect. Some may say it was a “simple project”, but i don’t see it that way: you still had to think about it and, more importantly, do it. 8,5 out of 10 stars, and good job, Tranzor.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments