elseworlds_front
TV-to-Movie October 07, 2022 2360
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Let me start by saying that no matter what Earth you are on, this edit is always going to be a solid 10. These crossover edits of Bob’s are what we were hoping for in a theatrical release of DC’s Trinity, but the CW Trinity is the perfect stand in for them. When you take a step back from all of the melodrama and filler that pads out the shows, you really get something special.

I know what comes next for our heroes and this movie gives us one last fun hurrah before the Crisis changes everything. The flow from episode to episode works very well as a three act adventure and the special appearances by other heroes works very fluidly and never feels like “oh this must be the Supergirl portion” or “we must be clearly watching an Arrow episode”. The addition of The Boys are Back in Town for the bar was great and connected the whole scene wonderfully.

So, if I HAD to give any sort of criticism (besides a hurry up on giving me the next crossover adventure to watch), it would be the most minor nitpick of cutting the very last portion of The Monitor telling Oliver there needs to be a balance if Kara and Barry are to live. I think we all knew when we saw it on its initial airing that Oliver was going to cut a deal with The Monitor. If we were left to believe Oliver’s plea to The Monitor was enough, it would’ve brought a big shock later when we see the rest of the conversation and saw Oliver gave himself as the sacrifice for them. Mind you, this does not take away anything from this edit, it was only a suggestion.

These crossover edits are downloaded and on an external hard drive connect to my tv for repeat viewings and you better believe these will be repeated viewings in the future.

Now, we wait for the red skies to appear as the Crisis is inevitable…..
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments