FanFix October 07, 2020 8623
(Updated: January 21, 2021)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

David Lynch's 'Dune' has always been one of my favourite movies. I unreservedly love the theatrical cut but spicediver's 'Alternative Edition Redux' was a wonderful experience too but it's nearly a decade old and in SD. I feel some extended versions of 'Dune' unbalance the pacing because most of the new footage is from certain sections, plus some of the visual quality of the bonus scenes are rough. spicediver's cut had these problems to some extent but it was such an overall classy job, that I didn't mind too much.

So I was excited about 15MaF's new HD cut, which doesn't put all the available footage back in. I'm happy to report it's everything I hoped for, extending the film by 19 minutes but without spoiling the dreamlike pace of the original. It all looks and sounds fantastic, looking like a professionally released and finished version of the movie. 10/10 across the board. I'd seriously consider watching this version over all others in the future. Thanks so much 15MaF! and thanks to David Lynch for making the movie (even if he doesn't like it).

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments