Review Detail

9.3 29 10
FanFix May 02, 2012 24331
(Updated: September 02, 2012)
Enjoyment

This is a very well done fan edit, and I do recommend it.

I do have 4 quibbles with it though:

1) The transition you make from loud audio and lots of action on Kashyyyk to suddenly a calm quiet meeting room on Coruscant where no sound is to be heard for several seconds is rather jarring;

2) I had to listen to the commentary track to understand how the Emperor suddenly changes his appearance–the movie alone doesn’t make it obviously apparent;

3) The cut from the Emperor’s shuttle landing on Mustafar to him suddenly standing next to Vader is too quick–it’s almost like the Emperor teleported;

4) and, though not a problem with the actual film, your “About the Edit” special feature is frought with typos.

These problems have brought me to decide that, though Revenge of the Sith is a better movie than Attack of the Clones, I liked your The Republic Divided edit better than Dawn of the Empire.

This edit is still very well done. I just found your edit of Episode II to be flawless. I do hope you may take time to fix such issues as these.

******Added July 15, 2012******
Also:

Certain silly dialogue choices remain, such as Obi-Wan’s “Another happy landing” after crashing the Invisible Hand;

The shot where Yoda defeats the troopers after Order 66 has been trimmed. Now, while we do find out he survived long enough to escape to his ship, we never see how he got there. This creates a “WTF” moment because we leave him in immediate visible danger and when we come back he’s safe and somewhere else;

Chewbacca is mentioned, which is eye-rollingly unnecessary;

C-3P0′s memory erasing is removed. This creates a plothole for episode 4.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments