Review Detail

9.7 4 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I watched this as a part of a Doctor Who rewatch recently, and I will start by saying it is a straight upgrade to watching the original - which is itself one of the best Doctor Who stories.

The edits are clean and invisible, serving only to improve the narrative flow of the story without detracting at all. The BBC occasionally tries Special Editions of these old Doctor Who stories, but this is the first time I've seen an actual improvement to a classic Who story. The movie format works perfectly, and allows the writing to really shine. The visual improvements are great, making this a pleasure to watch.

I would love to see this style of improvement applied to any other classic Who stories. Overall, an excellent edit that improves an already great Doctor Who story.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
February 01, 2021
I really couldn't wish for any nicer feedback than "The BBC occasionally tries Special Editions of these old Doctor Who stories, but this is the first time I've seen an actual improvement to a classic Who story. The movie format works perfectly, and allows the writing to really shine. The visual improvements are great, making this a pleasure to watch".

As my favourite Who story of all time, that kind of feedback really does warm the heart of this faneditor. Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed it.
L
lastsurvivor
1 results - showing 1 - 1