Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

"Vworp! Vwoorp!! VWOOORP!!!"

Wait! What's that sound?

It's a new fan edit from Last Survivor materializing out of Time and Space!!!!

"The Caves of Androzani" is considered by many Whovians the best of the Peter Davidson era. So if it is so good, how does one fan edit it? Why you turn it into a movie of course! And what a fun romp it is!

The original is already a very lean, economical story machine, so LS has to be surgical in his cuts or one risks losing important emotional or character beats. About 3 minutes in total are cut... seamless gone are all the episode cliffhanger breaks, along with minor scene trims/rearranging and a de-emphasis on the cave monster. And of course, it would not be a LS edit without sound replacement. As one has come to expect, this is done to perfection with added music and sound fx (and removal of sounds).

To give it a film look, the story has been reframed 16x9. Since the original is Standard Definition, there is minor decrease in video quality due to zooming in for widescreen effect, but the video is still very watchable. Last Survivor also did some colour correction, which mostly works very well.

Then there is the audio commentary. I can not sing the praises on this enough. Honestly, it is getting to the point where I will down load a LS edit ONLY to listen to the commentary. As I have said so many times before, it is always a fascinating listen and usually better than most "professional" ones.

An excellent fan edit. A must watch for Who Fans!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
July 28, 2021
How do I actually watch it?
D
doccerwho
1 results - showing 1 - 1