9.7 15 10
FanFix May 03, 2020 6449
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I can't tell you how long I hunted for this edit..Completely my fault thought. This edit is the reason I finally really searched and learned how fanedit.org works. How to contact an editor, the excel file with other people who have an edit if an editor is not active and more! And am I glad I did, not just for this edit but in general. I'm a big fan of Doctor Strange and I was a little disappointed with his origin film, because although it was very good in its core, aaaall the silly "Marvel" humor just sucked the joy out of it for me. My enjoyment factor was like a 6-7.

The editor needs no introduction. He is one of the top ones, so I was expecting nothing less than a near perfect work. And that's what I got! The audio and visual editing was excellent! I didn't notice or "felt" that anything was tampered with in any scene. So, technical-wise, job well done!!

On the narrative side, my favorite, this edit is another example of how much a movie can be improved with just a little trimming, if of course the core of the film is good. Just 9 minutes less of silliness, plus the excellent choice of changing the Beyonce song to Queen, made wonders for the movie! Granted, the cloak of levitation still has its slapstick humor moments, but at least now it's at bare minimum.

Thankfully, the origin movie of one of my favorite characters was saved! I most definitely recommend this to anyone who, like me, was disappointed by the out-of-place humor! I guarantee you this will be your go-to version of the movie! If you didn't like the movie in general, then this edit won't do anything for you.

Thank you Bobson Dugnutt and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments