9.7 15 10
FanFix May 03, 2020 6450
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I really got to thank Bobson Dugnutt for this edit! For me, Doctor Strange was one of those MCU films that, although it did not suffer from an overabudance of the usual Marvel humor, many of its jokes fell flat on their face, especially the repeating Beyonce joke and the magic-carpet-like antics of the Cloak of Levitation. Bobson Dugnutt cuts and trims all those annoying moments perfectly, seamlessly, resulting in a much better experience than the theatrical version. For example, trimming off the Cloak's comedic moments and watching it afterwards strangling that poor zealot, banging him on the floor and walls, came off as a much more fearsome spectacle than in the original film. And I can assure anyone who's interested that as a whole, Doctor Strange: Dark Dimensions is full of moments of such brilliance, like the Beyonce song replacement with a fitting song or the trimming of the Google Translate joke with that Edgar Wright-esc (as Bobson himself puts it) transition. My only complaint, if there's any, is the missing prologue with Kaecilius and his zealots. I truly understand where that's coming from and what the editor was trying to achieve, but it's just me wanting more of Mads Mikkelsen in the film! Nothing else to say, that's my canon version of the film from now on!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments