9.7 15 10
FanFix May 03, 2020 6450
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

NOTE: I have two parts to my fanedit reviews: "Technical" for the quality of the editing (entirely, or nearly entirely, within the Editor's control, and "Narrative Enjoyment" for how much I liked the movie (the Editor only has partial control....you can only polish a turd so far).

Technical:
Perfection. I could not tell that this was not a theatrically-released cut of the film. Not a single jarring cut, or scene out of place, or confusing moment. Video and audio quality were excellent. You wouldn't know the film had been fan-editted if you weren't told.

Narrative Enjoyment:
Very Good. Bobson's edit has definitely improved the movie. He took it from a 6 or 7 to a 9 for me. I felt like I missed nothing compared to the original, and I felt like the introduction to magic and the Ancient One was more compelling than with the original edit of the film that included the prologue. And it's been many years since I've seen a movie that I thought wouldn't be better off by being trimmed by at least a few minutes, so the slightly shorter runtime is also appreciated. In spite of Bobson's efforts, Doctor Strange still isn't one of my favorite Marvel movies though, but it does serve it's function of introducing Doctor Strange quite well. I think part of the problem is that I don't find Stephen Strange very likable, even by the end, and also the movie really makes me want a sequel movie where he's in his full powers and is wearing the mantle of Sorceror Supreme. Soon.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments