FanFix August 26, 2021 3489
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A wonderful edit and a true fanfix.
This edit does what it promises, and does it well. Claire is much more likeable, seems more capable, and her character arc is clearer. The deleted scenes support the narrative and the trimmed bits are hardly missed. There are still parts that can be further trimmed to improve her character (e.g., "You don't know how old your nephews are?" at 49:28) but that's optional.
Regarding the deleted scenes - they are visually perfect, and the color grading is indeed an improvement. However, there is a clear shift in the audio whenever we switch to a deleted scene. I am not sure whether it is fixable, but it is definitely noticeable.
One last note, regarding the name of the edit - I think it is not very informative and can be applied to each film in the series. I think a better name should refer to the strong theme of control. Maybe 'Out of Control' or 'Freak of Nature'.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
December 23, 2021
"There are still parts that can be further trimmed to improve her character (e.g., "You don't know how old your nephews are?" at 49:28) but that's optional." I thought the exact same thing when I got to that scene.
B
boinkstoinkmcgee
1 results - showing 1 - 1