deadpool_atob_front
Extended Edition May 27, 2021 2920
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I was lucky enough to get to preview this edit, and I was immediately enthralled. Whilst I've never really considered Deadpool a candidate for an edit, having thoroughly enjoyed the original cut, I was intrigued by the notion of an extended chronological retelling.

The resequencing really unlocks a new angle on the story, and the deleted scenes only enhance that. The editing makes you feel like this is the way the story has always been told, and is technically perfect with individual cuts being completely invisible. The deleted and extended scenes were equally well integrated, with the slight drop in video quality being imperceptible on my setup. Watching this movie in chronological order really helps it grow in the telling, and I noticed certain narrative and character beats in a whole new light. I really enjoyed seeing the plot unfold the way it did, and it put a fresh twist on the material that I'll definitely go back to.

Overall, a complete success, and definitely worth your time if you're a fan of Deadpool.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments