Dead Set Serious
The image has been recolored and the brightness levels were improved for a more movie like experience.
That’s where I wanted to get in. This show had so much potential for a cool fanedit movie that I just could not let it pass and I think the outcome is among the best zombie movies of the entire genre.
- NTSC DVD-5
By recoloring and correcting the brightness the image quality reflects more of a movie experience, because the original show was incredibly dark and made days almost look like nights.
- added new starting credits
- cut Big Brother beginning
- cut housemates reunion
- cut inmates argument
- cut Kelly bringing coffee
- cut phone in the camera runs
- cut inmates preparing for the show
- cut housemates reunion part 2
- cut inmates waiting for the show
- cut all inmate scenes from the eviction
- split guard scene approaching the car
- cut some of Pippa’s waving
- moved Danny seeing Chloe
- cut the first jealousy scene with Kelly about Danny
- cut the inmates talking about the outside screams
- cut the next morning in BB house
- cut the inmates’ egg argument
- cut BB inmates argument and detecting the cameras are not moving and discussing it
- cut “mobile phones must be switched off”
- cut BBinmates discussing what has caused the dead to rise
- cut Patrick eating
- cut Pippa telling Patrick to stop wasting air
- cut Patrick drinking champagne
- cut Patrick eating and drinking and thinking about peeing
- cut Kelly coming with fire extinguisher to kill Angel
- cut Space holding the fire extinguisher
- cut Alex’s survival speech
- cut Patrick peeing in the bucket
- cut Marky reads about himself in the newspaper
- cut most of the stupidity fo the cops
- cut Joplin stalking on Veronica taking a shower
- cut Patrick pooing in the bucket
- split the van arriving scene
- cut Patrick and Pippa discussing the “light machine”
- cut Patrick mentioning the bucket pooing
- cut the inmates discussing “youtube” “Amazon”
- cut Pippa mentioning Patrick pooing
- cut Pippa repeating “I don’t like it”
- cut Veronica and Space discussing the reason of the outbreak
- cut Joplin and the others discussing the outbreak and the maning of it
- cut most of Patrick slicing pieces from Grayson’s body and ranting
- cut Marky saying “He says he is a normal person” and continuing to shoot
- cut Patrick ranting while he is eaten
- cut Joplin munching
- added new end credits
May 13, 2010
I really loved the original as it was but I wanted to see this just out of curiosity.
It’s an interesting curio very well edited (I didn’t notice any jump cuts or anything out of place).
However I must confess I missed the jokes which actually made this production work for me so I will stick with the original set but thanks for doing it as it does provide an alternative take on the material (just one that wasn’t to my taste).
I must confess it’s a bit bizarre to read so many people saying that haven’t seen or heard of the original version but saw your edit first (I do hope they did the right thing and got hold of the original).
May 4, 2010
One of the best zombie movies I have ever seen.
This was truly great entertainment.
The zombie action starts just a few minutes into the movie and the next 90 minutes just flew by since it really sucked me in.
I also thought that the reunion subplot was great as well.
It’s not common to have a love story in the midst of a zombie movie.