8.0 16 10
Shorts January 18, 2009 4286
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I'm a big fan of Chris Carter's shows (The X-Files, Millennium, Harsh Realms, and The Lone Gunmen), so when I saw that ThrowgnCpr had used an episode of Millennium as his main source for this edit I just had to see it. Unfortunately he based his edit around one of my least favorite episodes, "The Curse Of Frank Black" from the second season.

The episode in question was a Halloween episode, and did broach the subject of the possibility of bringing the dead back to life, so thematically it fit, but since Frank Black doesn't have any interaction with zombies it just felt like I was watching a mini episode of Millennium intercut with footage of zombies walking around town.

Maybe I'm just too familiar with the show. And maybe if I hadn't seen the original episode just a few weeks ago I would feel different about it. As is though this edit just didn't work for me.

I'm giving the Narrative a 7/10 because I feel that if Frank Black had interacted with zombies in the episode it might have given the added zombie footage more power, while at the same time making us feel like there was a real threat. But as is the added zombie footage just feels like it's going on inside his head, as though he's thinking of what could be if a zombie uprising where to occur.

As for Enjoyment I'm only giving this a 6/10 because, as I've mentioned, the bulk of this edit was sourced from one of my least favorite episodes of Millennium. This is not a knock at ThrowgnCpr though because I feel that the original episode is only about a 5/10. The zombie footage was a nice touch, although if Frank Black had interacted with zombies in the original episode it probably would have elevated my score a little.
F
Top 500 Reviewer 17 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments