Review Detail

9.6 20 10
Extended Edition June 25, 2012 11397
(Updated: August 30, 2012)
Enjoyment

March 28, 2011

Already watched this twice already. I’m glad this was made because I can still remember seeing film for the first time 11 years ago when I was a wee lad of 16. Stayed up until 2:30am to finish watching it. I never stayed up late like that when I was that age. This movie pulled me in THAT MUCH. I can still still remember jumping out of my bed and getting all excited when one of the main characters had a sudden change of heart (no spoilers here). Upon finding out that the version I had seen was the “director’s cut” and that there were 2 other versions, I knew I had to see it. I never saw the Argento version until the 4 disc DVD set. I said “hopefully someone finally goes and puts the footage from all 3 together to make the longest running cut of the film”. And now, I finally have it. Before this, there were bootlegs circulating on ebay that were vhs (and probably bad editing to boot).

That being said, this is my preferred version now. My only problem with it is, since I’ve seen the Director’s cut about 8279 times, I’m so used to the music in that version, that this one will take some getting used to.
T
Top 500 Reviewer 13 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments